As we get closer to the end of the school year students continue to learn by doing and demonstrating that learning in many ways. Here’s a peek into each classroom!
- Kindergarten – Chicken eggs will hatch next week. This miracle reinforces all the hard work students have been doing as they turn the eggs and check the temperature every day.
- Primary – Students are demonstrating reading fluency and proficiency with Readers Theater performances for other classes. They also celebrated their work with Ann Gengarelly in a Poetry Reading.
- North EL – Students are making clay boats and using the data they’ve gathered to learn about math concepts such as mean, median, and mode. math activity. More math is involved as they learn geometry to help them plan the planting of the garden.
- South EL – As part of a unit on the Odyssey, students are creating dioramas and writing opinion pieces to address the question, “Is Odysseus a hero?”
- Junior High – In preparation for graduation students are culling their work folders, adding to their portfolio binders, and beginning to work on their reflections. Next Thursday the 8th graders will go to the Town House in the evening to share their most polished writing pieces.
For Art and Music, the Spring Concert and Art Show, June 6, 6:30pm will be the culmination of a year’s worth of work. I look forward to seeing you there! ~ Francie